Author YOU: Creating and Developing the Author and Book Platforms
By Judith Briles
Dr. Judith Briles
Where many talk about a platform … few authors and aspiring authors “get” what it is, much less how to create it and what it can truly do. Judith Briles does. The ones that she created over her 30 years in publishing have generated $5,000,000 in revenues for her combined speaking and book sales. It was a dynamic duo: speaking generated book sales; book sales generated paid speaking engagements.
Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms (Mile High Press, 10 x 7 landscape, 232 pages, full-color/illustrated throughout, 978-1-885331-41-0, $45) is an extraordinary and inter-active guide and workbook.
Within it, she shares insider strategies on how she created multiple bestsellers and award-winning books for herself and now, for her clients. Authors can scour the Internet for articles and try to piece together a plan from various bits of advice; they can hire consultants; they can buy publishing how-to books, but if they want to end up with a fully executable, complete publishing and marketing plan, all they need is this “step-by-step” guide and workbook to put it all into place.
Readers, and users of the Activites, will see how she story-boarded several chapters of her book Stabotage! as well as how she creates the Master Game Plan for each book before it is written.
Woven around 22 Activities, illustrated and four-color throughout, Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms is the guide and workbook designed for Authors at every level.
Authors will discover and learn:
· How to create a successful book plan;
· 22 Activities that will captivate your author and book development;
· How to identify which publishing venue is right;
· How to use simple ways to get to the core of their book;
· How to carve out the time and space to craft their masterpiece;
· How to ID which Internet and social media features will work for their book;
· How to steer clear of the publishing predators;
· What they need to create a successful book launch;
· Multiple resources for funding their book projects;
· How to use a story-board approach to layout their book;