This year’s annual event focuses on you. How? We highlight CAL’s most powerful natural resource, sharing ideas and information with each other.
At last year’s CAL’s celebration I sat next to Jalynn Venus, winner of the screenwriting award. She told me about her craft. Two weeks later, Margi Evans mentioned a publisher suggested a screen adaptation of one of her series. I connected the two. They produced the screenplay. I only heard about it when I saw the entry in this year’s awards competition.
CAL Celebration of Literary Excellence 2019
Discover Best Seller Strategies, Honor Award Winners
When: June 9th, 2019 5-8 PM
Where: Sie Theater, 2510 E Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80206 (right next the Colfax Tattered Cover) free parking is available
Cost: $50.00 For one person, $95 for couples. (This event is open to the public)
5-6 An hour of networking: cash bar and hors d'oeuvres catered by Three Tomatoes
Thanks to our supporters for the 2019 Award Event Raffle
6-7:30 Theater seating for Speaker and Awards presentation
- Speaker: CAL Member Todd Fahnestock
- Storyteller and marketing strategist, Todd will tell us how to “make it” in this new and quick changing publishing environment. His books make regular appearances on bestseller lists including:
- 2015 – Hit the top ten Amazon.com bestseller list with Fairmist.
- 2016 – Hit the Mountains and Plains Independent Booksellers top 10 bestseller list with The Wishing World
- 2019 – Hit the top ten Amazon.com bestseller list with Wildmane, The GodSpill, and Threads of Amarion.
- Honoring of Lifetime Achievement Award Winner Rex Burns
- Awards Presentations
- Celebrate CAL award winners
7:30-8:00 Coffee and desert networking/congratulations
Top off the evening with a chance to connect with CAL members, chat with Todd and award winners.